Draft Zoning Diagnostic + Approach Report
Please click on the button above, or use this link, to download the report. Once you can view the file in Google Drive, you can download by clicking the icon with a downward arrow.
- This document identifies issues with the current Zoning Ordinance and establishes a proposed approach to the zoning rewrite.
- The community review and comment period for the report was open from June 16, 2022, through September 6, 2022.
- Please note that we have not yet developed a draft zoning map or draft zoning text. The Report outlines a proposed set of changes and the purpose of this event and the summer community comment period is to gather input on this approach before we share a draft zoning map and text.
Draft Inclusionary Zoning Analysis & Recommendations
Please click on the button above or visit this link to view or download the report. Once you can view the file in Google Drive, you can download by clicking the icon with a downward arrow.
- As mentioned in the draft Zoning Diagnostic + Approach Report, the Cville Plans Together team has been working on analyses related to (1) how the market will potentially respond to the zoning changes proposed in the Comprehensive Plan, and (2) potential ways to increase the supply of more affordable housing in the city through Inclusionary Zoning.
- You can now view this draft report by clicking the button above. The report walks through the draft recommendations and related analyses.
- The final Inclusionary Zoning report will be added as an appendix to the Zoning Diagnostic + Approach Report and final recommendations will be referenced in the body of that document.
We have also created a video with an overview of the draft analysis and recommendations. You can view the video below, or by clicking here. If you watch via the link, you can skip to various points in the video by using the timestamps in the YouTube video description. (You may need to click “show more” beneath the video on YouTube.)