This consolidated draft combines all three of the draft zoning modules that were shared earlier this year, and also provides several updates based on feedback from City staff, the community, the Planning Commission, and City Council.
If you would like to view a printed copy of these materials, copies are being catalogued at the Information Desk at the Jefferson-Madison Regional Library (201 E Market Street) and Gordon Avenue Library (1500 Gordon Avenue). You can check here to see where copies are available to view.
- Review memorandum to Planning Commission and Council (PDF)
- This memo contains a list of available documents, an overview of next steps, and a list of some of the key changes made in the document since the first draft released in Modules 1, 2, and 3.
Draft Zoning Ordinance:
- Complete consolidated draft of the Charlottesville Development Code, including the Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances:
- “Redline” version, showing the changes since the first drafts released in Modules 1, 2, and 3 (PDF)
- “Clean” version, with no changes highlighted (PDF)
- Draft Zoning Map: For district definitions, please see Article 2 in the consolidated draft of the Charlottesville Development Code, linked above.
- Zoning Map without overlay districts (PDF)
- Zoning Map with overlay districts (PDF)
- Interactive map (link)
- Shapefile (for use in GIS mapping programs) (link)
- Other Maps:
- Downtown stepback requirements map (PDF)
- Street types map (PDF)
- Draft Development Review Procedures Manual (PDF)
- Draft Affordable Dwelling Unit Administrative Manual (PDF)
- Affordable Dwelling Unit (ADU) Feasibility and Rate of Change Analysis (PDF)
Community Engagement Report For February – June 2023:
- Community Engagement Report (PDF)
If you would like to review the previous draft of the zoning ordinance, as shared in February through June 2023, you can view those materials here.