Draft Development Code and Zoning Map (August 2023 draft and related materials)
The consolidated draft shared for the Planning Commission hearing combined all three of the draft zoning modules that were shared earlier in 2023, and also provided several updates based on feedback from City staff, the community, the Planning Commission, and City Council.
If you would like to view a printed copy of these materials, copies are being catalogued at the Information Desk at the Jefferson-Madison Regional Library (201 E Market Street) and Gordon Avenue Library (1500 Gordon Avenue). You can check here to see where copies are available to view.
- Review memorandum to Planning Commission and Council (PDF)
- This memo contains a list of available documents, an overview of next steps, and a list of some of the key changes made in the document since the first draft released in Modules 1, 2, and 3.
Draft Zoning Ordinance:
- Complete consolidated draft of the Charlottesville Development Code, including the Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances:
- Draft Zoning Map: For district definitions, please see Article 2 in the consolidated draft of the Charlottesville Development Code, linked above.
- Other Maps:
- Draft Development Review Procedures Manual (PDF)
- Draft Affordable Dwelling Unit Administrative Manual (PDF)
- Affordable Dwelling Unit (ADU) Feasibility and Rate of Change Analysis (PDF)
If you would like to review the previous draft of the zoning ordinance, as shared in February through June 2023, you can view those materials here.